Join USGBC-Illinois for our upcoming event, Prioritizing Sustainable Actions, organized by our all-star Programs Committee.
In an ideal workflow, strategic sustainability planning and goal setting comes before action. Often times, however, we are rushed to action without sufficient prior strategy. With limited time and resources, we must plan and prioritize those efforts that most efficiently contribute to our critical goals, otherwise we risk getting spread too thin and not achieving the sustainable impact we set out to.
Through three case studies and a panel discussion, this program will examine the benefits, challenges, tools and tips of strategic planning to make it easier to streamline and execute in your own work.
This program complements USGBC Illinois' updated strategic focus on Paul Hawken's Project Drawdown, which we'll briefly highlight.
- Streamlining Sustainability with BIT in the Chicago Housing Authority
- Lessons learned from creating the Englewood Quality of Life Plan
- Creating HKS’ strategic sustainability plan for firm operations and projects
The panel will be moderated by Mike Stopka, Principal at MIST Environment
- 5:00 - 5:30 Registration and Networking
- 5:30 - 6:30 Case Studies, Panel Discussion, Q&A
- 6:30 - 7:00 Small Group Breakout and Wrap Up
Thank you program sponsor!
We are looking for sponsors to support this event and initiative. Please contact Joan Martin at (312) 245-8300 x205 for more details.
This event is non-refundable